Re: [*FSFFU*] Feminist Press reprinting Native Tongue

From: Yvonne Rowse (yvonne@HALLSFARM.SOFTNET.CO.UK)
Date: Fri Oct 24 1997 - 13:36:59 PDT

Hi Laura

> And PLEASE someone tell me the names of the remaining titles in the
Native
> Tongue trilogy. I must have them I must have them I must have them.

The Judas Rose & Earthsong.

I generously gave my copy of Native Tongue to a friend in the US (I'm in
the UK) thinking I could get another copy. When I ordered it through the
local bookshop they said it was out of print. Horrors! I trawled through
second hand bookshops for a year (i first found it in a second hand
bookshop in Scarborough, North Yorks) and finally found it in the 'first
hand' section in the SF bookshop in Birmingham.

I just *loved* the first two books. Earthsong I'm less sure about. Perhaps
I've been damaged for appreciating it by the world's constant requirement
that I should eat less although I'm thrilled by the idea that listening to
music is the cause of my generous shape rather than chocolate and wine.

I wrote off for the dictionary at one time, inspired (and amused) by the
appendix at the end of Native Tongue. However, provincial as I am, I didn't
know how to pay for something in the US and I somehow never got round to
following it up. Anyway, I'm useless at languages. Still, does anyone know,
is it still available?

Yvonne