Re: [*FSFFU*] Indigo

From: Jennifer Krauel (jkrauel@actioneer.com)
Date: Tue Oct 28 1997 - 23:19:31 PST

>Laur, Erin M. wrote: some stuff about Cooper's Indigo series.

I read them all. I agree with you that Indigo's constant pining over her
lost love got tedious. I just wanted to shake her and say all right
already, go out there and kick some more demon butt! And after the first
couple of episodes the reader got the hang of it pretty quickly - but
unfortunately, usually Indigo took longer to catch on. Also I thought the
quality of the stories declined quite a bit - I didn't care for any of them
really after the winter story - Troika I think. I did enjoy the interaction
between Indigo and her sidekick, in fact I wished there were more of it. If
the wolf (Grimka?) represented Indigo's wisdom and common sense, she surely
should have paid more attention to it.

All of the Indigo books are in my pile to take back to the used bookstore.
Without spoiling it too much, I thought the final book did have a somewhat
satisfying feminist closure, although it didn't redeem the weakness in the
last few books. OK, I did read and mostly enjoy them so I can't complain
too much. Now that I think about it, I can't off the top of my head name a
better female-protagonist quest/adventure series... maybe Jo Clayton's
Moon... series? I'm not usually into fantasy so I'm no expert here. Anyone
else care to suggest something better than Indigo?

--
Jennifer Krauel      Director of Product Marketing
jkrauel@actioneer.com 415.536.0715 fax 415.882.4372