[*FSFFU*] Indigo

From: Laur, Erin M. (laur@ROO.SUSQU.EDU)
Date: Fri Oct 24 1997 - 10:12:13 PDT

I haven't read a whole lot of Sci-Fi novels, but my grandfather have me
a bunch of books in the Indigo series by Louise Cooper. The story is a
sort of Pandora's box plot. A young princess goes against an ancent
taboo and enters a tower set up by Mother Earth as a sort of covenant,
i.e. you don't go near the tower and I won't destroy the earth. She
thereby releases 7 demons who kill her entire family including her
finace before wandering off to torment the world. The girl's penalty is
that she will become immortal and have to go off in search of the demons
and destory them.
Interesting aspects both feminist and sort of anti as well. The warrior
hero is a woman (and her only lasting companion is a female wolf), there
is the idea of a loving but powerful Earth Mother. But Indigo (as she
names herself) is also constantly spurred on by the fact that her
lover/fiancee is still alive in limbo and may be released once she
finishes her quest.
I would love some comment from others who have read this series (but
don't spoil the ending, I'm not through all the books yet.)
Erin