Re: [*FSFFU*] vampire recommendations

From: Lesley Hall (Lesley_Hall@CLASSIC.MSN.COM)
Date: Thu Oct 30 1997 - 11:39:25 PST

        Every publisher has a list of genre buzz words which are
        thought to work in titles, ie boost sales. The buzz words for British
        readers aren't always the same as for American readers.

I would find this more logical if the titles were more buzzy! Very seldom the
case.

        American publishers sometimes think British titles are too literary or
poetic.

You mean, like 'Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters'?!!!

        Sometimes one publisher simply doesn't like another publisher's title.

Is that a good reason?

                Sometimes another book has been recently published in one country with
thesame or a similar title and the publisher wants to avoid confusion.

I guess there's some validity to that one.

                Sometimes the author gets her/his way with one publisher and not with the
other.

It's a tough life being an author and not being able to name one's own
production...

Lesley
Lesley_Hall@classic.msn.com