Re: [*FSFFU*] hard tech novels

From: Nicola Griffith (NicolaZ@AOL.COM)
Date: Thu Oct 30 1997 - 09:27:10 PST

In a message dated 97-10-30 07:45:49 EST, David Christenson writes:

<< (However, at least one reader I know was distressed by the shadows of
 child abuse and the abusive (prostituted) sex in the novel, and the way
 these issues were dealt with but not quite resolved.) >>

These things are, in my opinion, rarely really resolved. So that's how I
dealt with it. I agree, though, that it's not an easy subject. Trying to
persuade a publisher to buy it (a novel about sewage and abuse, oh, yum!) was
not the most fun thing I ever did. Glad you liked it.

Nicola

Nicola Griffith
http://www.america.net/~daves/ng/