Re: [*FSFFU*] vampire recommendations

From: Geoffrey Sperl (gamgee@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: Fri Oct 31 1997 - 12:01:26 PST

Nalo Hopkinson wrote:

> But there are many sf titles that don't scream genre.

Complete agreement. For example: _Flowers for Algernon_ , _Ammonite_ (or
_Slow River_, for that matter), or _Something Wicked This Way Comes_. I'd go
so far as to say that Brin's title _The Postman_ (which I'm reading now)
doesn't scream genre...not like _2001: a space odyssey_ or _Caves of Steel_.
I think the more stock titles are the ones that sci-fi writers get hit with,
not science fiction writers...

- Geoffrey