[*FSFFU*] new journal

From: Laura Quilter (lquilter@IGC.APC.ORG)
Date: Thu Nov 06 1997 - 10:46:05 PST

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 04:30:19 -0500
From: Batya Weinbaum <Batyawein@AOL.COM>
To: WMST-L@UMDD.UMD.EDU
Subject: FEMSPEC: A New Journal. Needs mss, reviewers.

If you have a manuscript, query, or interest in serving as a reader or being
involved on advisory or editorial board, please contact
Robin-Reid@tamu-commerce-edu or batyawein@aol.com. This is being started by
the two of us as co-editors, and is an outgrowth of the SF Area Task Force of
Popular Culture/American Culture Association. In this context, we were
discussing the non-feminsit nature of most sf journals, and the lack of
interest in non-realistic writing in women's journals of criticism. Want to
hepl fill this void? Submit or contact us! Thanks.

FEMSPEC: A NEW JOURNAL
This interdiscipinary journal will be dedicated to critical and creative
works in the realms of SF, fantasy, magical realism, and other super-natural
genres. Literary and cultural criticism, interdisciplinary approaches, work
on teaching, and creative material are sought. We hop an approach to
pedagogy will bring work in from wider disciplines. We are interested in a
variety of feminist approaches, and aim to be inclusive o ethnic and cultural
diversity in an internationalist perspective.

Batya Weinbaum, VT batyawein@aol.com

-------- End forwarded message -----