Re: [*FSFFU*] Algernon

From: Joel VanLaven (jvl@OCSYSTEMS.COM)
Date: Fri Nov 07 1997 - 08:26:50 PST

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I thought that Charly was a terrible
movie. I read and loved the story but didn't read the novel. The story
was a timeless classic. The movie is very dated. There was no stupid
love tryst in the story. Guess what HAD to be in the movie? I wasn't
impressed with the acting either. It might be that it was far and away
better than other movies (the sotiry was THAT good), but it was a pale,
twisted imitation of the story. If I remember correctly, didn't they even
work in some crappy Luddite ranting?

-- Joel VanLaven