Re: [*FSFFU*] from moderator: question re subscribers?

From: Stephen Smith (jrfss@CLASSIC.MSN.COM)
Date: Fri Nov 07 1997 - 15:51:58 PST

Hello!
This was a great idea to have people introduce themselves. I have enjoyed
reading about everyone's hobbies, academic interests, and professions. About
myself:
I confess that I do not regularly read SF. I came upon the site one night
while surfing the web for information on Angela Carter. I figured any site
that contained information about her had to be a good one. Although, I cannot
follow most of the discussions, I enjoy reading the messages. I almost took
my name off of the list, then I saw a message about Gattaca...and well I
decided to hang around a bit longer.
Though I do not read SF, I do watch a lot of it. I was kind of hoping people
would be interested in discussing SF film. I got my BA in Art History and my
MA in Religious Studies. Right now I'm taking some courses in photography and
computers. I am also following a degree scheme in English (another MA). I
love literature, and my interests are in the revision of myth or fables.
Furthermore, I am interested in the critical analysis of film and art. I also
find cultural and social constructions of gender and sexuality fascinating.
Presently, I work in the INterlibrary Loan dept at the University of Nebraska
Medical Centre.
Susan, I am interested in that conference being held in Wichita. COuld you
give me more information?
Well enough about me...I enjoy being on this listserv and am learning bit by
bit :)
Julien