Re: [*FSFFU*] Starship Troopers

From: Stephen Smith (jrfss@CLASSIC.MSN.COM)
Date: Sun Nov 09 1997 - 09:00:10 PST

Janice"
Yes that was precisely something I caught and thought...oh yeah for once we
are really the bad guys. I thought the movie also showed the blindedness of
war...when the reporter mentions that the bugs got stirred up from our
intruision, Rico yells something like "a good bug is a dead bug." I'm sure
some people may be able to add someother derogatory words in for bug to
illustrate how racists or even bigots work. "Kill anything with four legs"
was another one that made me think "Oh yeah...as long as it can be made
different than us, we have no problem objectifing it so we can kill it."
        The first thing I said after that movie was hmmm that mouth of the brain sure
looks like a vagina. (I thought I had seen "Naked Lunch" too many times and
its many talking orifices) Also does anyone else pick up on the fact that in
three different sci-fi movies the brainy being looks like an obese' blob?
Think of DUne, (Jabba the hut?) and Starship Trooper.
Julien