Re: [*FSFFU*] Starship Troopers

From: Stephen Smith (jrfss@CLASSIC.MSN.COM)
Date: Sun Nov 09 1997 - 21:01:53 PST

Allen:
Thanks for the information from the book. I'm glad to see that at least the
females fare better in the movie. Verhoeven apparently consults with his wife
before he develops a script. In fact HIS WIFE encouraged him to film that
awful "showgirls" that I was sure would topple him forever at the box office.
I watched on tv tonight that "Starship Troopers" is currently the number one
box office hit, with "Bean" trailing behind.
        The only thing that I know about Heinlein is that he wrote "Stranger in a
Strange Land." I believe that the book was banned or under heavy controversy
for awhile, and was just reissued several years back. DO you know anything
about this book? Just curious.
Julien