Re: [*FSFFU*] Starship Troopers

From: Geoffrey D. Sperl (gamgee@geocities.com)
Date: Sun Nov 09 1997 - 22:17:44 PST

Pat wrote:

> That was standard in Heinlein's day. Women who objectto his
> "misogyny" should really read more literature from his period. He was WAY
> ahead of his times.

Grand defense for Heinlein. What's Verhoven's excuse? It's obvious the
man uses women as objects. We saw it in TOTAL RECALL with the
three-breasted hooker, we saw it in SHOWGIRLS and BASIC INSTINCT.

The man has an eye for action - I'll readily agree to that. But, given
the chance to update Heinlein to the nineties, he drops it and misses
his chance. Might be the reason why I haven't seen a full one of his
movies since TOTAL RECALL...

- Geoffrey