Re: [*FSFFU*] Tie In Novels: The End of SF or the World as We Know It?

From: Vonda N. McIntyre (vonda@OZ.NET)
Date: Sun Nov 09 1997 - 23:01:11 PST

Hi Becca,

No bubble there to burst... As I said, my
knowledge of the period is so limited that I'm
likely to be wrong even in the assumptions on
which my question (not assertion) was based.

Best,

Vonda

On Sun, 9 Nov 1997 13:18:15 -0600, Becca Stoler
<rstoler@MAILHOST.TCS.TULANE.EDU> wrote:

>On a whole, you are correct... however.... There were womyn, other than
>school mistresses that did have jobs. It was by no means a common practice,
>higher. Emily Dickinson even held a job on her one for a while. If memory
>serves, she worked in a ladies dress shop. Sorry to burst your bubble.
>
>Becca

http://www.sff.net/people/Vonda
Some official good news at
http://www.bookwire.com/pw/bestbooks97.article$3946