Re: [*FSFFU*] Starship Troopers

From: Martha Bartter (mbartter@TRUMAN.EDU)
Date: Mon Nov 10 1997 - 06:17:29 PST

At 16:34 11/9/97 -0700, you wrote:
> Just wanted to put my two cents in that I agree with Pat Matthews
>about Heinlein. Yes, he wasn't exactly a feminist, but he seemed to
>think he was and tried really hard at it... Heck, if you browse the
>sf and mainstream written today you are likely to find many books
>that make Heinlein look like a saint (along with those that make him
>truly outdated).
>
> My question to the server is, does anybody know anything about
>his wife? I have heard rumors that she was quite brilliant, which
>may have had something to do with his incorporation of "strong"
>(again, look at the decades) females. I haven't seen anything written
>about her, though.
>
>Thanks,
>Bonnie

Heinlein's wife is very active in maintaining and protecting
his works -- she controls what gets reprinted -- and his
files. They worked as a team while he was alive, traveled
together, etc. She has a lot of business savvy (he was no
slouch, either), and has always protected his interests.
Vigorously.

Martha Bartter
Truman State University