Re: [*FSFFU*] Star Trek Women

From: Nina M. Osier (mbarron@MINT.NET)
Date: Mon Nov 10 1997 - 16:17:55 PST

Two quick comments on this thread:

1) Kate Mulgrew won my heart forever by referring to herself in an
interview as a "middle-aged actress." Had to read it twice, I couldn't
believe any actress had enough guts (or should I say genuine
self-esteem?) to say that to a note-taking reporter.

2) I wish I could remember which Trek movie featured a female admiral
giving her troops the order to "Get that thing out of my sky!" (which
meant to shoot down an enemy ship). That was first time I heard a woman
in a Trek screenplay of any kind give a real combat order, and I cheered
the character right along with her troops. Yes!!!!

Nina Osier