Re: [*FSFFU*] high heels (trying to make it SF)

From: Maryelizabeth Hart (mystgalaxy@AX.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 07:59:00 PST

>Barbara Benesch
>BJBenesch@aol.com commented:

>As well as reading science fiction, I have a weakness for comic books
>(particularly DC superhero-type comics), and I've always maintained that
>Superman wouldn't be quite so "super" if he had to do all his heroing in high
>heels like Wonder Woman and other female superheroes do. There has, however,
>been a larger number (okay, 2-3 as opposed to zero a few years ago) of female
>superheroes who wear non-high heeled boots with their costumes.

Barbara:

Not to pick nits, but I thought WW actually wears sandals, something like
Mercury's. Could be mistaken. Actually, what I always worry about with
Wondy, and a number of other female Super Heroes (and some males in their
recent incarnations) is how they can see in battle with all that gorgeous
hair falling in their faces. :)

Since you are also a comics reader, what do you think about SF in comics?
(I think Julien was the original poser of that question)

Maryelizabeth
Mysterious Galaxy 619-268-4747
3904 Convoy St, #107 800-811-4747
San Diego, CA 92111 619-268-4775 FAX