Re: [*FSFFU*] Star Trek Women / Seven of Nine

From: Geoffrey D. Sperl (gamgee@geocities.com)
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 09:39:11 PST

Becca Stoler wrote:
> I see what you are saying, and I agree. However, originally, the Klingons
> were played by Caucasian and Hispanic actors, not African-American. Sorry,
> just had to straighten that out.

What was it that Worf said about the change in "Trials and
Tribblations"? "It's something we don't talk about with outsiders!"

Actually, the trend towards black actors as Kilngons seems to have
started with Worf, especially looking at some of the notable actors who
played Klingons on screen (for example, Christopher Lloyd and
Christopher Plummer). Has anyone noticed that the female Klingons,
however, tend to be played by white actors?

- Geoffrey