Re: [*FSFFU*] Quotation Question

From: Enoch's Vision (CaryEnochR@ENOCHSVISION.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 16:01:50 PST

At 15:26 11-11-97 -0800, Pamela Bedore wrote:
> "The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of
>words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people
>who must use the words."
> PKD
>

>This is a signature of someone on this list - I can't remember who. Who
>is PKD?

The quote sounds like it's from George Orwell. Here's a similar one:

"It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words. In your heart, you'd
prefer to stick to Oldspeak, with all its vagueness and useless shades of
meaning. You don't grasp the beauty of the destruction of words. Don't you
see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In
the end, we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there
will be no words in which to express it." --George Orwell

Cary
~~~~~~~~
http://www.mindspring.com/~faraday/ (my Art Gallery--18,833 hits Oct'97)
http://www.monalatte.com/ (my sci-fantasy novel novel in progress)