Re: [*FSFFU*] X-Files

From: Stephen Smith (jrfss@CLASSIC.MSN.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 15:59:37 PST

Marina:
I think that religion does have its place on the series because it is the one
think that Scully has and will again believe in...that parallels Mulder's
belief in the "little green men>" She has faith in religion while Mulder
believes something less conventional. I think that really also explains the
two views...while Mulder seeks the unconventional "truth" Scully seeks the
conventional. remember in "revelations" Scully was the only one to believe,
while Mulder was the skeptic.
        I must admit that I have avidly watched the "x-files" from day one, but was
really getting sick and tired of this last season. I think that with the
mythology getting so important, the other cases seem to detract from it.
Especially the Scully has a brain tumor business. In one episode she has blood
dripping from her nose, and the next episode she's running around like a woman
possessed.
        I was a little disappointed with the "cliffhanger" episode this season,
because anyone and everyone who follow the show knows that they filmed a movie
for release next summer. NOW how can you have an X-files movie with two dead
stars? Not a cliffhanger, just a dud.
        I like the way the character Scully is developing, she isn't so 2-D "You
cannot really believe it Mulder>' "There is a logical explanation mulder..." I
could go on...I think she needs more development so she doesn't sound like
she's on rewind.
Julien