Re: [*FSFFU*] Sales and choices

From: Maryelizabeth Hart (mystgalaxy@AX.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 17:23:52 PST

>Maryelizabeth said:
>
>> And, heck, while we're at it, why don't we all just agree to make all our
>> purchases from my store. ;) Okay, self-interest aside, I think we need a
>> number of sources for all sorts of SF: mainstream, small press, media
>> tie-in, magic realism, whatever. And I think this means supporting the
>> sources that offer them.
>>
>This is always assuming that we have the budgets to support them.
>
>Joan

Joan:

Youbetcha. And for those who don't, please support the local library and
give them more reason to buy and maintain what you like in their SF
section.

My emphasis was not just to encourage people to buy books, since hardly
anyone I know (me included) has the finances to keep up with her book
desires, but to encourage people to *consider the source* when buying them.
Case in point: we only usually buy 2 copies of bestsellers because we know
they will be widely available and widely discounted. However, we need those
few copies for those customers who are in the financial position to buy
from us at a limited discount in order to support the store as a whole.

Okay, who knows the correct wording on the quote something like: "When I
have money, I buy books. If there is anything left over, I buy food and
clothing."?

Maryelizabeth
Mysterious Galaxy 619-268-4747
3904 Convoy St, #107 800-811-4747