Re: [*FSFFU*] Quotation Question (additional

From: Heather MacLean (hmaclean@KENT.EDU)
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 19:23:05 PST

At 08:52 PM 11/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>When I first found this quote I was sure that Dick was either quoting
>Chomsky or paraphrasing him, but I haven't been able to find it in any of
>my Chomsky,
>Bill
> "The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of
>words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people
>who must use the words."
> PKD

Humpty Dumpty sez ('in a rather scornful tone'):

'When -I- use a word it means just what I choose it to mean--neither more
nor less.'
'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you -can- make words mean so many
different things.'
'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master--that's all.'

Heather
=)

hmaclean@kent.edu
http://www.personal.kent.edu/~hmaclean