[*FSFFU*] Pam Keesey (was: evil sexy villainesses)

From: DAVID CHRISTENSON (LDQT79A@PRODIGY.COM)
Date: Thu Nov 13 1997 - 18:23:44 PST

-- [ From: David Christenson * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

> Okay, before we stray so far OT that we get shut down, let me
recommend _Vamps:
> An Illustrated History of the Femme Fatale_ by Pam Keesey, coming this
month or
> next from Cleis Press.

I believe it was due out in October, so it should be available by now,
though I haven't seen it yet (?)

In any case, Keesey is editor of "Women Who Run With the Werewolves" and
a book of lesbian vampire stories (I can't recall the title and I loaned
my copies of these books and never got them back, of course). She has a
well-thought-out theory of the vamp figure in popular culture, with
plenty of supporting evidence from her research, so "Vamps" should be
much more substantial than your average movie-still book. (I've heard
her talk on this subject twice, at the Minneapolis cons Diversicon and
Arcana.) She's a terrific person, and I'm looking forward to this book.

Any more Keesey komments out there?

--
David Christenson - ldqt79a@prodigy.com

"We live in Gothic times." - Angela Carter -- David Christenson - ldqt79a@prodigy.com

"We live in Gothic times." - Angela Carter