[*FSFFU*] Godzilla (was re: Intro/tie-ins/Star Wars -Reply)

From: Geoffrey D. Sperl (gamgee@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: Fri Nov 14 1997 - 08:58:15 PST

Debra Euler wrote:

> Looks like it may be pretty good. <snip>

I'll wait for video. It's the same two who are responsible for
_Stargate_ and _Independence Day_ who did this one. I don't know if I
can stand yet another poorly plotted movie from those guys...

> However, maybe Godzilla is female. After all, the "illa" ending
> generally denotes a feminine name.

I've got this vague notion that one of the movies (after all, how many
of them are there? 30?) does mention this...now I'm curious...about the
old ones, though. Definitely would add to the entire "earth
mother/destroyer" bit, no?

- Geoffrey

--
"Time is an illusion.  Lunchtime doubly so." - Ford Prefect

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/8499