[*FSFFU*] Petition in support of American Airlines non discrimination policy

From: Nina Brown (ninab@wilmington.net)
Date: Fri Nov 14 1997 - 19:58:08 PST

Please read and see if you can support this effort.

>>> Forwarded Message Follows::
>>>
>>> American Airlines is a major sponsor and supporter of groups like
>>> GLADD, the Human Rights Campaign, the Gay and Lesbian Victory
>>> Fund, the AIDS Action Foundation, DIFFA, AmFAR, and scores of
>>> community-based groups representing gays and lesbians. It is also
>>> the first airline to adopt a written non-discrimination policy
>>> covering sexual orientation in its employment practices.
>>>
>>> In an unusual joint letter released to the media on Friday, March
>>> 14th from the Family Research Council, Concerned Women of America,
>>> American Family Association and Coral Ridge Ministries, American
>>> Airlines was openly criticized about their policy. Radical right
>>> leader to blast American Airlines because -American's sponsorship
>>> of homosexual 'pride' events constitutes an open endorsement of
>>> promiscuous homosexuality.-
>>>
>>> She and the other groups have written Bob Crandall at American to
>>> complain that the airline has 3gone beyond mere tolerance_ of
>>> gays and lesbians.
>>>
>>> The full article appears in Friday's Fort Worth Star-Telegram, and
>>> possibly picked up by other newspapers around the country.
>>>
>>> It has come to the attention of the gay and lesbian community that
>>> American Airline's switchboard and e-mails are being bombarded now
>>> by homophobic and hateful callers who have been urged by LaHaye
>>> and others to DEMAND the company terminate its gay-friendly
>>> policies.
>>>
>>> Please add your name to this petition and forward it to as many
>>> people as you can. To add your name just cut and paste this onto
>>> new mail and send it out!

***if you are the 25th, 50th, 75th, 100th, etc. person to sign this
>>> petition then also please forward this to American Airlines at:
>>> Webmaster@amrcorp.com ***
>>>
>>> To American Airlines:
>>> We, the undersigned, support your gay/lesbian rights policies and
>>> commend you for your efforts in ending discrimination. Thank you
>>> for your dedication to such issues and please continue to remain
>>> active in the struggle to end discrimination.

>>> Signed,
>>>
>>> 1. Ramon Araiza, Houston, TX
>>> 2. David Hernandez, Houston, TX
>>> 3. Blake Lawrence, San Francisco, CA
>>> 4. Bill Hutchcroft, San Francisco, CA
>>> 5. Joe Cooper, San Francisco
>>> 6. Greg Pabst, San Francisco, CA
>>> 7. Rachel Schulson, Chattanooga, TN
>>> 8. Karin Jones, Garland, TX
>>> 9. Cindy Ash, Houston, TX
>>> 10. Guy Waguespack, Houston TX
>>> 11. Michael Dean, Houston TX
>>> 12. Kacey Brown, Houston TX
>>> 13. Paul Gandy, Houston TX
>>> 14. Paul Uong, Houston, TX
>>> 15. Greg Fredo, Houston TX
>>> 16. Harold Romberg, Houston, TX
>>> 17. Jason Yovandich, Washington, DC
>>> 18. Jeff Godell, Houston, TX
>>> 19. Tony Siytangco, Houston TX
>>> 20. Porter Moore, Houston TX
>>> 21. Jeff Popovich, Washington, DC
>>> 22. John Wise, Houston TX
>>> 23. David W. Bulger, Orlando, FL
>>> 24. Jeffrey Jones, Orlando, FL
>>> 25. Stephen Herring, Orlando, FL
>>> 26. Ed Mikovsky, Atlanta, GA
>>> 27. Laura Kneeburg, Gainesville, FL
>>> 28. James Waddell, Gainesville, FL
>>> 29. Charles Flowers, Gainesville FL
>>> 30. Pattie S. Green, Gainesville FL
>>> 31. Heather Steingraber, Philadelphia, PA
>>> 32. Deborah Stinnett, Philadelphia, PA.
>>> 33. Nell Booth, Ardmore, PA
>>> 34. David Booth, Minneapolis, MN
>>> 35. Ann Tobin, Minneapolis, MN
>>> 36. Ursula Bartels, NJ
>>> 37. Janice Hicks, Washington DC
>>> 38. Katharine Andriotis, White Plains NY
>>> 39. Liz Wagner, Sleepy Hollow, NY
>> 40. Carey Wagner, New York, New York
>> 41. Lisa R. Green, New York, NY
>> 42. Nina C. Brown, Wilmington, North Carolina

********
Janice M. Hicks
Associate Professor
Director, GU Center for the Environment