Re: [*FSFFU*] SF or not SF; Atwood; Inclusiveness/Heinlein

From: Geoffrey D. Sperl (gamgee@geocities.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 1997 - 21:36:11 PST

Martha Bartter wrote:

> And Mike replied:
> >It seems to me that anyone who thinks that Ray Bradbury isn't a
> science
> >fiction or fantasy writer (not counting his mysteries and Irish
> stories)
> >shouldn't be allowed to give papers or write about him because they
> >obviously don't KNOW anything about him.
>
> Mike: would you consider Ray Bradbury an ANTI-science fiction writer?
> I do.

Actually, I'm going to go far out on a limb with this one and think Mike
and I are going to agree (for once): Bradbury, like Ellison, is a
speculative fiction writer. I don't think that the argument can be made
that he is "anti-" anything interms of science. Some of his works could
be non-traditional SF, but I don't think that's anti-SF.

- Geoffrey

--
"Time is an illusion.  Lunchtime doubly so." - Ford Prefect

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/8499