Re: [*FSFFU*] looking for recommendations for course

From: Laura Quilter (lquilter@IGC.APC.ORG)
Date: Fri Nov 14 1997 - 22:32:30 PST

it would be nice to NOT have an on-list debate about the millenium. to
those who are interested in these questions i suggest you read stephen
jay gould's newest QUESTIONING THE MILLENIUM wherein he addresses these
very questions plus other related interesting matters.

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Geoffrey D. Sperl wrote:

> Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 13:25:41 -0400
> From: Geoffrey D. Sperl <gamgee@geocities.com>
> To: FEMINISTSF@LISTSERV.UIC.EDU
> Subject: Re: [*FSFFU*] looking for recommendations for course
>
> Keri Stone wrote:
>
> > Media and Millennium is a new course that explores a variety of
> > futurist
> > scenarios created by leading storytellers of our time. Readings will
> > include
> > a series of science fiction novels, short stories and essays by
> > prominent
> > writers, scientists and philosophers that explore the impact of
> > technology on
> > our lives beyond the year 2000.
>
> Pardon me, but the new millenium doesn't start until 12:01am, January 1,
> 2001, so it should be "beyond the year 2001."
>
> - Geoffrey
>
> --
> "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." - Ford Prefect
>
> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/8499

Laura Quilter / lquilter@igc.apc.org

"If I can't dance, I don't want to be
in your revolution." -- Emma Goldman