Re: [*FSFFU*] Hello, everyone!

From: Gaya Bassham (MKaresh@aol.com)
Date: Sat Nov 15 1997 - 04:03:52 PST

> What would you say are the top ten "must read" books for someone who wants
> to become familiar with these genres--that is, what do you think are the
top
> ten books that someone must read in order to discuss sf and horror with
> other fans, even if they are not necessarily your top ten favorites?

Do you mean feminist sf or sf in general? Ursula LeGuin's Left Hand of
Darkness would be on both lists for me. For feminist sf I would read Sheri
Tepper, Octavia Butler, Joanna Russ. I don't know which books in particular:
maybe Sheri Tepper's The Gate to Women's Country. Also read Marion Zimmer
Bradley's The Mists of Avalon if you haven't already and you like fantasy.
There's also a collection of stories by James Tiptree, Jr. (a woman's pen
name) called "Her Smoke Rises Up Forever."

-- Gayla