Re: [*FSFFU*] X-Files

From: Stephen Smith (jrfss@classic.msn.com)
Date: Sat Nov 15 1997 - 17:33:32 PST

Interesting idea that women are always conventional...however think about
"Contact" the man was pro-religion and the woman is pure science. I think
that women are rarely associated with science or scientific thinking, logic
and the like, so I find it refreshing that she is less controlled by her
emotions. (Women are usually the "emotional" ones who don't go on anything
but intuition, and men go on intellect. I think the roles are reversed in the
x-files.
        I do agree that women should be a bit more daring and adventurous however.
Well of course again you have "contact" where the female character is
adventurous, but gets patriarchy in her face when she proves herself correct.
I don't know what anyone else thought about that, but I was furious when her
advisor/professor stuck his head in when the credit was about to be passed
around.
Julien