Re: [*FSFFU*] X-Files

From: Joel VanLaven (jvl@OCSYSTEMS.COM)
Date: Sat Nov 15 1997 - 23:11:50 PST

On Sat, 15 Nov 1997, Gaya Bassham wrote:

[snipped]
> I don't know. I would have said that The X-Files shows gender roles
> unconventionally in that the woman takes a "rational" hard-science approach
> and the man is given to flights of fancy. I guess it all depends on your
> perspective.
[snipped]

I don't watch the x-files practically at all but from what I have seen,
what really matters is that she is always wrong. Seems fairly
"conventinal" to me albeit in a possibly unconventional way. Maybe I just
happened to see the episodes where she dismisses strange things because
they don't fit her rigid little world and he makes brilliant deductions
about super-natural phenomena.

-- Joel VanLaven