[*FSFFU*] Carr/Frank

From: Jenny Rankine (jrankine@HRC.GOVT.NZ)
Date: Sun Nov 16 1997 - 17:13:43 PST

Jayge Carr's _Leviathan's Deep_ was a fascinating role reversal novel of a
woman-dominant world where males carried children in a sac in their bodies,
and I've looked for any other books by her for years.
        I've only read one (1980s?) fantasy story by Janrae Frank called _The
Ruined Tower_. From memory (I'm at work and my library is at home) it
featured a very well written, slightly ragged female knight who conquers an
unmanned but spellcast ruined castle which had defeated and killed a heap
of male ones. The spell was of the "No man shall conquer me..." variety.
(I hope I'm not getting this confused with a Tanith Lee story.)
        By the way, I got to this list through a link on the website of Massey
University Women's Studies Department in Palmerston North, North Island,
New Zealand.

Jenny Rankine

Jenny Rankine, Publicity Officer
Health Research Council of New Zealand
PO Box 5541, Auckland 1, Aotearoa New Zealand
Visit our website http://www.hrc.govt.nz/