Re: [*FSFFU*] German woman SF writers?

From: DAVID CHRISTENSON (LDQT79A@prodigy.com)
Date: Mon Nov 17 1997 - 12:58:28 PST

-- [ From: David Christenson * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

Petra says:
> Well, David already answered half of the question. 'The Rocket to the
Moon'
> must be 'Die Frau im Mond', which was done as a German Musical under
yet
> another title in the fifties. I've seen it once in my teens.

Dave says:
Further research: Die Frau im Mond (Girl in the Moon) was a novel then a
screenplay written by von Harbou, and directed by Fritz Lang in 1929, a
follow-up to Metropolis, silent. It was supposedly the first SF movie to
include scientific ideas about space travel, based on ideas of novelist
Hermann Oberth. Supposedly no complete print exists (?).

It's about a troubled expedition to find gold on the moon. I don't
detect anything feminist about the storyline, but there was a woman
stowaway, who stays behind on the moon with her engineer fiance because
of an air shortage on the ship.

--
David Christenson - ldqt79a@prodigy.com

"We live in Gothic times." - Angela Carter