Re: [*FSFFU*] Independent Female Characters

From: The Jeli's (utaar@CNNW.NET)
Date: Tue Nov 18 1997 - 11:09:40 PST

Hi all, think I should introduce myself before I start posting. My name is
Cami, I'm from Oregon, don't have as much time to read as I used to (mainly
due to two little boys), but I'm able to squeeze in a half-dozen books a year.

>5) Delenn from _Babylon 5_ almost seems to fill out the character-type
>you're looking for (though Elizabeth Lockley, Tracy Scoggins's character
>for the new TNT _B5_ projects, might be even better...or might not)

I like Delenn's character so much because she is well-balanced. She is
strong without being hard, capable of great love but can be merciless.
But I have to admit that my all-time favorite character on tv has been
Claudia Christian's Susan Ivanova. I think of myself as a "strong" woman
but her strength on the show astounded me sometimes. It is so unusual to
see a woman like that on tv. I especially liked the contrast between her
and Marcus--she was tough and focused, while he was the romantic (and
a virgin if you're willing to stretch your imagination to its uttermost
limits:).
I actually got chills when she was on the bridge of the White Star: "I am
Death Incarnate." :-o

Cami
utaar@cnnw.net
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ranch/7115
"What we call human nature in actuality is human habit"