Re: [*FSFFU*] Aliens trailer

From: Barbara Benesch (BJBenesch@AOL.COM)
Date: Fri Nov 21 1997 - 23:46:25 PST

In a message dated 97-11-21 16:47:35 EST, Patricia Mathews wrote:

> > > How many Orson Scott Card fans have seen the trailers for Ailen
> > > Resurrection? Doesn't it remind you of XENOCIDE? With Ripley facing
off
> > > against Ender?
    <snip>
And Barbara Benesch wrote:
> > Which part of the trailer, exactly? And which part of XENOCIDE?

And Patricia responded:

> The situation where the man wants to revive the bug race by
breeding
> queen and Ripley wants them all dead - and the queen especially. I found
> myself wondering if the scriptwriter had *read* Card!>

Ah, I understand now. I guess I hadn't really thought of it that way because
I didn't ever think the rest of the "Aliens" had been exterminated. I just
figured they were working with the queen from Ripley because it was cheaper
than sending ships out trying to find more Aliens. That, and anyone who
actually _found_ some Aliens weren't real likely of coming back from the
mission alive, so....

But I can see where you're coming from on that one.

Barbara Benesch
BJBenesch@aol.com