Re: [*FSFFU*] Strange Days movie

From: Sean Johnston (sean-johnston@UIOWA.EDU)
Date: Mon Dec 01 1997 - 15:17:31 PST

 On the other side, as long as the
>racial war has been averted, be it by a white guy or devil himself, it
>still gives us some hope.

Not sure I'd go to that extreme.

I wish there were more government suits
>dropping out of choppers in the middle of the events in LA several
>years ago. Unfortunately, real government officials are usually not that
>brave. Of course, this is just a Hollywood movie.

Don't underestimate them, though. I'm sure there are very brave people in
the gov't. We probably just don't hear about them.

 And finally, bad box office is not always an indication of
>worthlessness.

A good example of that is "Screamers". Great show, but not much box office
punch.

 I've heard that Tank Girl did not make a lot of money,
>either, but I think it's way more interesting than all the Batman flicks
>combined.

That was a good show, too. Probably would've done lot better with some
marketing.

>Marina
> "Femininity is code for femaleness plus whatever society
> happens to be selling at the time."
> Naomi Wolf

Stand for something or you'll fall for anything.--Author Unknown