Re: [*FSFFU*] Antonia's Line/Marleen Gorris

From: Michelle Bernard (Michelle.Bernard@colorado.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 11 1997 - 07:28:37 PST

Gorris' did another movie (well, more than one) that I have seen and
would recommend: _A Question of Silence_ in English (or direct
tranlation, the Silence around Christine M.). It may not quite be SF,
but it was definately surreal and when we watched it in class, it had
the same reactions (men disliked it because of the violence or seeming
lack of rationality or thought it was over-done and women tended to be
positive).
        I would really check it out if you are interested in a different
perspective on rational action or legal systems. While it is set in a
perfectly plausible present day (or early '80s Netherlands), it still
has elements of SF to me.
misha