Re: [*FSFFU*] Antonia's Line/Marleen Gorris

From: sc (schant@SCHANT.DEMON.CO.UK)
Date: Fri Dec 12 1997 - 12:53:07 PST

Michelle Bernard wrote:

> Gorris' did another movie (well, more than one) that I have seen and
> would recommend: _A Question of Silence_ in English (or direct
> tranlation, the Silence around Christine M.). It may not quite be SF,
> but it was definately surreal and when we watched it in class, it had
> the same reactions (men disliked it because of the violence or seeming

And yet, you never actually see the gallons of blood, gore and
mutilation that are so prevalent in many other films, just the looks of
intense concentration on the womens' faces as they commit the act of
violence. Perhaps that was what was so disconcerting for the men in your
class.

Cheers
SC

--
"Take what you want", said God. "Take it - and pay for it."
        Old Spanish proverb,