Re: [*FSFFU*] Fairy Tale Princesses

From: DAVID CHRISTENSON (LDQT79A@PRODIGY.COM)
Date: Thu Dec 11 1997 - 19:19:07 PST

These are more in the form of questions than observations. When
looking at the role of females in fairy tales:

1. Is it a mistake to look at fairy tale people as characters in the
modern sense, with our modern understanding of motivation and choice,
as opposed to figures, or even symbolic figures?

2. Because most fairy tales were transcribed in the Victorian age or
later, aren't the versions we see necessarily filtered through the
sensibility of the time of their transcription (just as Disney did
later)?

David Christenson - Minneapolis - ldqt79a@prodigy.com