Re: [*FSFFU*] Anyone interested in starting a book group?

From: Stacey Holbrook (ausar@NETDOOR.COM)
Date: Mon Dec 15 1997 - 07:53:10 PST

On Sat, 13 Dec 1997, Jennifer Krauel wrote:

(snip)
> This list is great for discussing books, but it seems that other than
> the big name authors (e.g. Le Guin) there isn't much of a critical mass
> interested in discussing a book at a particular time. So I thought we
> could nominate some books and schedule dates for their discussion.
> Perhaps this could happen in time for holiday reading?

I really like the idea of a book group and one book a month sounds about
right. Someone expressed a concern that a book discussion might highten
the traffic on this list. I'm not so sure it would. Every list is
variable. Some weeks a list might generate a hundred posts if everyone
finds the topics interesting. Some weeks there might be only one or two
posts if the threads aren't interesting to most or if life gets to be too
busy to answer e-mail. I've seen this list get very active and I have seen
it with hardly any traffic at all. I don't think a book group discussion
will change this very much.

Stacey (ausar@netdoor.com)