Re: [*FSFFU*] Disney and fairy tales (yet another on this vein...)

From: Geoffrey D. Sperl (gamgee@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: Mon Dec 15 1997 - 19:46:53 PST

>> However, they also mentioned a story based upon a Japanese folk
>> tale about a young girl who goes into the army in her father's place
>> when he is drafted (he's old or sick or something, so she has to
>> take his place). Has anyone else heard about this?
>
>It doesn't ring any bells for me. It sounds like an intriguing story,
>though.

I don't think it's a Japanese folk tale, but Chinese. I do know the title
is _The Legend of Mulan_, and it is about a girl who disguises herself and
fights against the Mongols (Genghis is supposed to be in there somewhere)
after being trained by a dragon voiced by...Eddie Murphy. :\

- Geoffrey

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." - Ford Prefect

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/8499