Re: [*FSFFU*] someone looking for angela carter recordings

From: Edward James (E.F.James@READING.AC.UK)
Date: Tue Dec 16 1997 - 02:37:54 PST

On Sat, 13 Dec 1997, Lesley Hall wrote:

> I would suggest that even if these are not commercially available (try the BBC
> Shop, 41 Langham Place, London W1) an approach to the BBC archives might be
> productive. I don't have the address to hand but it should be in Foster and
> Sheppard's 'British Archives' (I think it is in Reading) or may even, by now,
> have a website... If they don't have the actual recordings they may have
> scripts or transcripts.

The following letter I got from multimedia.centre@bbc.co.uk might be
useful: it contains the telephone number of the BBC +paper+ archives (as
opposed to sound archives), which are just down the road from me in
Caversham (effectively a suburb of Reading).

Quote:
"For Radio scripts you need to contact Document Archives on T: 01189
472742 extension 281 or extension 282 and for audio clips, Broadcast
Archives on T: 0171 765 3406.

Unfortunately I do not have any e-mail addresses for them.

Kind regards

Janine Powell

The BBC Multimedia Centre

Endquote.