[*FSFFU*] list-mistress - topicality

From: Laura Quilter (lquilter@IGC.APC.ORG)
Date: Tue Dec 16 1997 - 00:39:47 PST

it's cool to talk & to praise (and nicola is a feminist sf writer after
all!) - it's just an on-topic kind of thing. so i don't have a problem
with this kind of post. just when the posts become 20 messages on the same
*really* irrelevant topic, or when there's a lot of short replies that
don't contribute to the discussion but end up sending a lot of mail across
the net. remember, some people are paying for this on a per-piece basis.
(i apologize to those people for getting another posting from me on this!)
just to be clear: friendly chit-chat & good vibes are welcome! endless
off-topic rantings - think twice before sending replies to the list.
consider an off-list discussion, with perhaps a summary to the list of the
relevant aspects of the disucussion.

if you think this is good, bad, or tyrannical, send comments to me and i'll
rethink list-policy.