Re: being new to the list

From: DAVID CHRISTENSON (LDQT79A@PRODIGY.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 15 1997 - 18:19:13 PDT

-- [ From: David Christenson * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

Ms. Dowling says:
> it is a bit voyeuristic reading the mail without letting people know
that I am
> looking in,

You're right, so introducing myself to the list: a Minneapolis
journalist & bookscout (hunter of used and rare books). Longtime casual
SF reader, trying to get more serious about knowing the genre. Looking
forward to my third Wiscon.

> I feel that with the recent lists of recommended
> reading, I shall be busy for quite a while doing some reading.

Very similar experience for me. I'm in a good reading/book club, which
helps (we've done Rebecca Ore & Karen Joy Fowler recently).

> And I am still struggling with ideas such as dystopia (what!!). I'll
get my
> dictionary out and see if I can keep up with you all

Best short definition of dystopia I've ever seen is cited in my sig...

--

David Christenson - ldqt79a@prodigy.com

"If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be." - Yogi Berra