Re: The Female Man & critical reading

From: lissa bloomer (ebloomer@MAIL.VT.EDU)
Date: Sun Apr 20 1997 - 12:57:19 PDT

Janice Dawley wrote;
>Of course, it's not very convincing to tell someone they're being oppressed
>if they simply don't feel that way. But speaking personally, it took me some
>time to develop as a feminist. I loved The Female Man when I read it the
>summer after graduating from college. I might not have felt the same way if
>it had been assigned reading.

yes, this is part of what i've been trying to discuss in my interests of
critical reading.... what is it, for you, (et al), that changes in a text
when you read for an assignment?

-lissa

if you're wearing pants, thank my great great great grandmother.

elisabeth bloomer
instructor, english
virginia tech
ebloomer@vt.edu