Re: what do students read?

From: lissa bloomer (ebloomer@MAIL.VT.EDU)
Date: Mon Apr 21 1997 - 19:44:17 PDT

to nalo's comment (which follows):

yes, they are literate! and bright! and witty! but so frightened of
anything that brushes next to feminism. i am sneaky, as you would be... the
first book that i slipped in there was Octavia Butler's _Kindred_. worked
amazingly well. do you have other titles that might be slipped in -- that
you think are a bit more subtle, than say, _Motherlines_ ??? keep in mind,
sf is so very new to me. (but my appetite is insatiable.)

-lissa bloomer