Re: Susan Calvin

From: Michelle Kendrick (kendrick@VANCOUVER.WSU.EDU)
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 13:44:01 PDT

> Since this is my first post to the list, I'll introduce myself. My name is
> Anny Middon. I have absolutely no qualifications to participate in this
> list, save a love of science fiction and a strong feminist philosophy.
> (Query: How many on this list are old enough to remember when Feminism was
> more commonly known as Women's Liberation?)

My first connection with feminism was a paperback book I bought at a
garage sale titled, _Voices from Women's Liberation_. I LOVED book of
essays, it changed me in many ways.

Another funny connected note: When I was in labor I snapped at my mother
for something she said about "girl babies and boy babies." She turned to
the nurse, gave a hopeless shrug, and said "My daughter is one of those
women's libbers."

Michelle Kendrick