Re: Good Delaney

From: Nalo Hopkinson (bl213@FREENET.TORONTO.ON.CA)
Date: Fri Jun 27 1997 - 08:34:51 PDT

On Thu, 26 Jun 1997, Anne V Stuecker wrote:

> Tell me more about each of these. I'm looking to read more Delaney, and
> I'd especially like to find some extreme examples of feminist ecotopia in
> his work.

NH: Unfortunately, I'd say then that the Neveryona series is the one you
want. Forget which one in the series, but I think you're looking for a
chapter with a name like "The Tale of Old Venn." Also the title where
the character of Raven shows up, the woman dressed in black who carries a
double-edged knife, and who calls the land where she finds herself "this
strange and terrible place."

-nalo

"He walked so far/On stilts of songs, of masqueraded story, that the
stars/Were near."
                -Kamau Brathwaite, "Jou'vert"