Re: "Parable of the Sower"

From: Valerie Renwick-Porter (Valerie@TWINOAKS.ORG)
Date: Mon Jun 30 1997 - 13:31:06 PDT

It was actually through "Parable of the Sower" that I came to be on
this email list. I had just read it, and was having a fantasy
that I'd be able to find a hardcopy, bound book of the Earthseed
writings alone, for use as a spiritual/political text. (perhaps that
someone else had created, being sufficiently inspired by Butler's
work) I looked up the Feminist SF webpage, and sent an inquiry to
find out if Laura Quilter (host) knew of such a book. In surfing
that webpage, I found out about this list. I've had no luck in
finding an Earthseed text--I admit that it's unlikely anyone has
published it, but the force of my hope that one exists is strong
enough that I wanted to put out the idea at least.

I also really enjoyed " Kindred", and just yesterday finished
"Adulthood Rites". The incredible power/desire around touch as
used in that book was instrumental in inspiring me to mend a rift
between me and my partner due to a fight we'd had last weekend. It's
not usual that a book has such a direct positive influence in my
life!

Enjoying the dialogue on this list....

Valerie

Valerie Renwick-Porter