Re: So who is on this list?

From: MARINA YERESHENKO (my0203@BRONCHO.UCOK.EDU)
Date: Sat Jul 05 1997 - 16:15:39 PDT

Hi!
I'm Marina Yereshenko. I guess I am one of "random people" because my
major is computer science. I was a bookworm while growing up, though, and
I loved science fiction, especially Ray Bradbery. I did not have a lot of
time to read when I came to US three years ago, so now I am kind of
catching up. By the way, I was unable to find a book of almost any author
discussed here (except Delany) neither in libraries, nor in bookstores
here in Oklahoma. I'd appreciate any suggestions on where I can find them
without driving to another state (for example, I'd really like to read
any of books by Elizabeth Vonerberg).

I found out about this list from a friend who knew about my interest in
feminism and science fiction. I consider myself a feminist, despite the
fact that I grew up in a very traditional society where it is almost
a curse word. I became even more interested in feminism after I got
kicked out from the University of Oklahoma and almost deported for trying
to file a sexual harassment lawsuit. That was very much like science
fiction by itself.

Anyway, I enjoy reading dicussions on this list, even though I do
not participate a lot. It's nice to hear from people who think in a
similar way as you do. Makes you feel less of a freak (just kidding).
:)

Marina