Re: So who is on this list?

From: Sean Johnston (sean-johnston@UIOWA.EDU)
Date: Tue Jul 08 1997 - 09:40:29 PDT

> I'd love to write it, and I have dabbled in that, but,
>honestly, I don't have the time to put into that tremendous
>endeavor. I am very impressed especially by the published
>authors on this list! I have only published technical papers in
>my field.

Bonnie,
        If it's the supposed scale of the stuff that's prohibiting you from
writing SF, start small. Write a five-hundred or thousand-word short
story. That's only 2-5 pages or so. Who knows? You might be a very
important and very good SF writer, but I'd hate to see that not happen
because of some intimidation (I'm talking about the scale here).
        'Sides, it's a heckuvalotta fun.

-Sean