Re: So who is on this list?

From: Bonnie Gray (bgray@ECE.UCDAVIS.EDU)
Date: Mon Jul 07 1997 - 16:20:38 PDT

     Ah, I can hear everyone groaning now "Not ANOTHER reply to
this subject!" Or maybe I just hear the sounds of people deleting
me off their email list after glancing at the subject. But here
goes:

     I am a PhD candidate in electrical engineering. My emphasis
is micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS). I attend UC Davis.
I got my MS in Elec. Engineering from Berkeley studying Robotics.

     I love science fiction; I can't remember not loving it. My
mother is a librarian, so I was introduced to the joys of
reading early on.

     I'd love to write it, and I have dabbled in that, but,
honestly, I don't have the time to put into that tremendous
endeavor. I am very impressed especially by the published
authors on this list! I have only published technical papers in
my field.

     I am very happy I found this list, since my feminism didn't
blossom until early adult-hood and now I wear "feminist" as
a badge of honor! :) And what could possibly be better,
combining feminism with science and speculative fiction!?

Keep the cool stuff coming,
Bonnie